Veg Steam Momo is a small mass of dough cooked by boiling or steaming mixed with stuffed vegetables which is a delicious snack in Tibet region. However, momos are getting very popular in other parts of India and you can easily prepare them at home by either steaming or deep frying.
Veg Steam Momo is a popular street dumplings stand as the most favorite food for kids today. These dumplings are packed with healthy veggies like carrots and cabbage to fry food in little oil with onion, garlic, soya sauce, vinegar, and black pepper. The perfect homemade vegetarian snack to serve for evening snacks.
- For Dough:
- 2 cups maida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For Filling:
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- Cabbage, grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Chop capsicum, cabbage, carrot and onion finely as shown in the image below. I used my food processor to chop the veggies. Heat the wok with oil and sauté with garlic and ginger.
How to Make Vegetable Steam Momos
- 1.Mix the maida, salt and baking powder and knead to a stiff dough with water.
- 2.Heat oil and add the onion and garlic.
- 3.Saute over high heat and add the carrot and cabbage. Turn around over high heat till glossy.
- 4.Take it off the heat and mix in the soya sauce, salt, vinegar and black pepper.
- 5.Roll the dough thin (translucent) and cut into 4″-5″ rounds.
- 6.Take a round, wet edges and place some filling in the center.
- 7.Bring edges together to cover the filling. Twist to seal and fill the rest in the same way.
- 8.Steam for about 10 minutes and serve with soya sauce and chilli sauce.