Veg pakoda is deep fried snacks and it is made with besan and any vegetable. Mostly onion is used to make pakora. But, any other vegetables like potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage, capsicum, brinjal can be used. Methi or palak is also used to make veg pakoda. Green leafy vegetables are very much nutritious values.
These type of pakoda are crunchy and extremely delicious. Surely, they will be loved by everyone. These make a good weekend or evening snack. It can be easily made when you have guests home. It is easy and tasty receipe of pakoda made with mixed veggies gram, flour and spices.
- 1 1/4 cup Besan (Gram flour)
- 3 tablespoon Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder (or Paprika)
- A pinch of Hing or Asafoetida
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- Cabbage, sliced into thin long strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Potatoes
- Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped Green Chillies
- 3/4 to 1 cup Water
- Oil for deep frying
- Coriander Chutney to serve
- Mix together besan (gram flour), rice flour, chilli powder, asafoetida and salt in a bowl.
- Add cabbage, potatoes, onions, green chilies and coriander and mix the vegetables with the flour mixture. Slowly start adding water to make a semi solid batter. Remember that as the batter sits, the veggies will release more water, so it’s important to add just enough water till you don’t have any dry lumpy flour.
- Heat oil in a pot or kadhai. Scatter small portions of the batter (about 1 tablespoon) in to the oil (watch video above). Fry the pakoras in hot oil, on medium flame for about 3 minutes. Then reduce the heat to low to let the potatoes cook properly.
- Fry them till golden brown. Serve hot with green chutney.