- Veg Grilled Burger is crispy on the outside, tender on the inside veggie burgers that don’t fall apart. These veggie burgers are flavorful, nutritious, and easy to make.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 14-oz. block extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 14.5-oz. cans black beans, rinsed, drained well
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 4 tsp. chili powder (make sure it’s salt-free)
- 4 tsp. Diamond Crystal or 2 tsp. Morton kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (we prefer red or black), cooled
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Toasted buns, pickled onions, tomato, lettuce, pickles, and chipotle yogurt (for serving)
Firstly, Prepare a grill for medium-high, direct heat. Clean and oil grate. Shred tofu using the large holes of a box grater. Firmly squeeze tofu in between paper towels to drain as much excess liquid as possible.
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Cook tofu and beans, tossing occasionally, until beans look slightly dried out and their skins are darkened, 10–12 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk almond butter and mayonnaise in a medium bowl until smooth. However, Whisk in garlic, chili powder, and salt. Add tofu-bean mixture and cooked quinoa and stir well to combine.
Stir flaxseed and ¼ cup cold water in a small bowl. Let sit until a thick paste forms, about 1 minute. Add to tofu-bean mixture along with cornstarch and stir well to combine.
Using oiled hands, form mixture into 8–10 patties about ½” thick (about a scant ¾ cup each). Grill until lightly charred around the edges, about 2 minutes.
Place burgers on bottoms of buns. Pile high with pickled onions, tomato, lettuce, pickles, and chipotle yogurt. Close with top bun and serve veg grilled burger.