A Cheese Burger is a flat round piece of cooked meat called a burger. It is a hamburger topped with cheese. A cheese burger include toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard or other toppings. This dish is all beef patty wrapped in a soft bun and topped with onion cheddar cheese and pickles.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESE BURGER
- 1 pound very lean ground beef, or fresh ground sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheese
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves, optional
- mustard, optional
- ketchup, optional
- barbecue sauce, optional
- canola cooking spray
- Crumble the mince in a large bowl, then tip in the breadcrumbs, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and eggs with 1 tsp ground pepper and 1-2 tsp salt. Mix with your hands to combine everything thoroughly.
- Shape the mix into 12 burgers. Chill until ready to cook for up to 24 hrs. Or freeze for up to 3 months. Just stack between squares of baking parchment to stop the burgers sticking together, then wrap well. Defrost overnight in the fridge before cooking.
- To cook the burgers, heat grill to high. Grill burgers for 6-8 mins on each side until cooked through. Meanwhile, warm as many buns as you need in a foil-covered tray below the grilling burgers. Let everyone assemble their own, served with their favourite accompaniments.