Aloo Paratha is a mouth-watering layered paratha recipe that goes well with any curry dish. Moreover, this drool-worthy dish is made using all-purpose flour, refined oil, sugar, salt, water, and ghee. The paratha dough is first pleated and then rolled into a Swiss roll like a ball. Using this procedure, gives it a crispy and flaky texture.
This aloo paratha dish is full of flavors and a treat for your taste buds. This lip-smacking vegetarian recipe is perfect for occasions like kitty parties and buffets.
- How to make Aloo Paratha
- MAKE THE DOUGH
MAKE THE FILLING
- In a bowl mix together whole wheat flour (atta), oil and salt. Add water little by little and mix.
- Knead to form a smooth and soft dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4-6 equal parts.
MAKE THE PARATHA
- To make the filling, mash the boiled potatoes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, salt, ajwain, chopped green chili, cumin powder, chat masala, garam masala powder, amchur and red chili powder.
- Mix till everything is well combined. The stuffing is now ready.
- Take one of the dough balls and using your rolling pin roll it into a circle. Apply little oil (optional) all over the rolled dough.
- pinch to seal the edges.
- flatten dough using your hand.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of stuffing in the center.
- Repeat with the remaining dough ball. Serve aloo paratha hot with butter, pickle and a cup of chai